I couldn’t even tell you how many times I’ve been asked.. “What is the difference between a blog and a website?”
The answer can be quite simple. I will break it down in bulleted points.
- Is Informational.
- Speaks to customers.
- Takes a little more time to update.
- Is great for businesses who want to share their product, pricing, and standard informational pages.
- Should have no more than 10 pages, as it might get confusing.
- is great for personal information.
- is great if you have a lot of information to share with people, not only customers.
- can be used as a website when the correct settings are in place.
- is easy to update as it goes through a platform.
- is easy to organize by archives.
- allows others to comment and leave feedback on certain posts (or none, if you choose).
- is the best if you have are always changing content.
It is very easy to use a blog as a website, and easy to maintain.. but if you just want to share information, a website would also work as well. I think most people are using the blogging platform as a website because of how easy it is for them to maintain.